Exhaustion. That is the word that best describes how we feel today. We have spent the last three days packing up all of our earthly possesions and loading them into a 16' moving truck. Today we are taking the day off to relax, recover, and prepare to move our stuff to Massachusetts, 2500 miles from here. Actually, we are already about 20 miles and 30 minutes into the journey since we are at my parents house in Orem, so 2480 miles, 6 days and too many hours to go.
We will be updating our posting each night as we pull into our hotels along the way, along with our posts we hope to put pictures and other funs things that we do and see along the way.
After we arrive in Sunderland, we will be posting approximately weekly to let you as our friends and family know how we are doing and what we are up to.
Here is our plan enroute to Sunderland, Mass and the adventures that await us out there:
-Friday, August 10-Drive from Orem, UT to North Platte, NE
-Saturday, August 11-Drive to Keokuk, IA
-Sunday, August 12-Relax and go to Church in Nauvoo, and see the Church history sites there
-Monday, August 13-Drive to Kirtland, OH where we will be able to visit some of the other Church history sites there
-Tuesday, August 14-Drive to Buffalo, NY, and go see Niagara Falls
-Wednesday, August 15-Drive to Springfield, MA
-Thursday, August 16-Drive to Sunderland, MA and move in.
Today I also got to go out and do some "research" with my dad. We went out to West Mountain above the Payson dump, and got to shoot his new Thompson sub-machine gun (even though it was only semi-auto), and I would have to say that it is the second funnest gun to shoot (next to the Browning .50 cal M2).
The other picture is of all our possessions piled up in boxes in our former dining room ready to be moved into the moving truck.
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Packing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
From the picture of your townhouse with all your worldly possessions, it looks like we missed most of the fun. I'm glad we could help a little and then have a nice dinner with you that night. Did Suzy shoot the gun too? We saw the pictures of her other shooting experience, and this gun looks a lot bigger!! I'm glad you like Harry Potter! At that rate you will finish by tomorrow! Dad wants to know how the truck is working. What kind of gas mileage are you getting? Will it go over 55 MPH? Did Suzy drive? Thanks for the blog and the pictures. We'll look for it each night.
PS Even though the last comment says it's from Ken - its really from Mom.
This really from dad. I thought about you sitting all day in the truck and how boring that would be. Then I went out to run 16 miles this morning and thought that it sounded good really good just to sit after mile 14. Sounds like to first day had no unexpected adventures, which is good and I hope that continues. I found a Southwest airline fare on Ding fares that was 109 to Hartford. They fly there so that is good. I think it was via Las Vegas. Maybe it like the LV to Providence direct, which was really nice. Mom and I will be looking for something like that when you get settled. Keep the Ryan comes home Sunday night so it should be good to hear from him. Kevin and Caroline should have finished up the 1/2 marathon at Flagstaff by now. Have a great trip we love hearing all about it on you blog.
Post a Comment