Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Catch-Up Post

Today we both mourn the loss of our beloved Prophet, President Hinckley, but we also rejoice in his reunion in heaven with his wife.

We have been really bad at posting this month so this post is an attempt to catch up on what we have missed.

Between Christmas and New Years we drove down to New York and spent three days in the city. It was a blast. We walked so much our feet ached, but it was worth it for all the things we did and saw. Below are some pictures of our trip. I do have to mention that we ate the best pulled pork sandwiches ever at a BBQ restaurant near Times Square. It was so good, the meat was so flavorful, and the BBQ sauce was heavenly. That meal alone made the trip worth it.

January has been crazy. The weather cannot make up its mind, one week the temperatures were in the 60s and all the snow melted then the next week we got 12 inches dumped on us in 12 hours and temperatures dropped to daytime highs in the low teens.

Suzy has been busy with work, and I have been busy with my internship, a consulting project with some classmates and applying for summer internships. I think that pretty much sums up our month of January. School starts again for me tomorrow, I look forward to it with trepidation as a 19 credit semester awaits me. Needless to say I will be busy.

So here are highlights of our NYC trip.


2 comments:

Cathryn said...

Hi - I just saw your pictures of NY! Looks like you saw lots of interesting things! I'm so glad you were able to make the trip and have some fun. It was especially fun to see the picture of the Hello Deli. I wanted to see that when we were in NY, but never made it. ~ Monana

Sarah said...

Looks like fun! We've been down to NYC 3 times since we've lived out here and we've had a blast every time ... but I hear you about walking so much that your feet get sore! Weather up here has been crazy, too. We had snow but today it decided to rain ... so all the snow is melting. By Friday we're supposed to get freezing rain. Ugh. Glad to see you guys are doing well!