I am getting SOOOO sick of winter and I can't wait for Spring and Florida. On Friday we woke up to about an inch of snow. It wasn't too bad, but I was just starting to think that Spring was on its way.
Work has been really stressful lately and I just keep thinking how it will be over soon, and then it will start to get warm, and then we'll be in Florida. For those of you who don't know very much about Sarasota (where we will be for the summer), I will fill you in a bit. Its on the gulf coast about half way down the peninsula, about an hour south of Tampa. Siesta Key, which is one of the best beaches in Florida, is in Sarasota. And yes, we are accepting visitors if anyone wants to come be a beach bum with me this summer. I am planning to try to find a temp job, but based on my experience here, I'm betting I will be spending a good amount of time on the beach.

I'm also excited to see where Casey grew up and to go to Disney World. I've been wanting to go there since I was about ten, and it is the happiest place on earth. We may also sneak in a cruise if we're lucky. I'll put up a few pictures of the beach to create jealousy in all of you. :)
4 comments:
So, finally a post from the elusive Suzy. I thought you must be hiding somewhere. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be able to fit in two vacations in one year to see you. So we will have to be content with seeing you in the New England habitat, as opposed to this new Florida habitat. We're looking forward to seeing you-Collin is especially looking forward to riding a train at your house as he talks about it all the time. In fact, he routinely talks about going to your house tomorrow so that we can ride the train. So I hope you have a train ready, because we are all expecting it!
Yep, that certainly worked -- I am way jealous!! Those beaches look amazing!! We woke up to snow on Friday too (so I had to post some pics on our blog) so I know what you mean about being ready for spring!!
The beach looks great. Looking forward to spending some time with you there! I've had enough of this winter and snow.
There you are Suzy! We are officially jealous. We didn't get snow with the last bunch of storms the east is having. I'm okay with that. If you make it to AZ anytime soon, you have a place to stay in Northern AZ--doesn't Casey want to check out his old mission stomping grounds? You seem so far away over there. But glad seem to be doing well. Till next time...
Post a Comment