Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cyclorama and World of Coke

Last Saturday we went to the Cyclorama and World of Coke with my mom. It was fun to see some of the tourist attractions of Atlanta as we haven't seen too many yet.

The Cyclorama was really neat. It is a giant painting (the world's largest oil painting) that is connected all together in a big circle and there is a platform that spins around so you can see the whole painting. The painting depicts the Battle of Atlanta. It was very interesting and they also have other civil war artifacts on site.

Here is Claire trying to get her hand blown off by a cannon.

Claire and Ya Ya by the big train.

Unfortunately the weather was not too good on Saturday. It was very drizzly. After the Cyclorama, we drove over to World of Coke which is on the olympic plaza. It looked like it would have been a fun place on a nicer day, but it was freezing and raining and we weren't dressed all that warmly.

This is us at the soda fountain. Anybody want a coke?

Big Coke bottles.

The favorite part of the trip...tasting coke from all over the world. Favorites included Pineapple Fanta and some Japanese pina-colada mix. The least favorite was the infamous Beverly soda from Italy. Its made from the rind of a grapefruit, and if you can imagine what that might taste like as a soda, then times it by 5 and you have Beverly. The first sip isn't too bad, but watch out for the second.

We had a great time and can't wait to have more visitors so we have more excuses to go check out more stuff!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Coke World is so fun! I've been there a few times. And don't you love how everybody calls any kind of soda "coke" in the south. At least that is the way it was in TN. You look like you guys had a lot of fun.

Sarah said...

Mmmm Coke. I love Coke! That sounds like a fun day!

The Carpenters said...

So your post reminded me that I've been to the Cyclorama! I went there about 8 years ago, and I don't think I've thought about it since, so I was glad to be reminded! I can't believe Claire is 1! She is a beautiful little girl!