Wednesday, May 14, 2008

No more seminary

Yesterday was my last time teaching seminary. :( I have been teaching home study seminary for one girl in our ward (originally it was two but one only came twice). I'm pretty sure if it had been early morning, I wouldn't be so enthusiastic with my sentiments, but being home study, she read on her own each day and then we met once a week to have a lesson.

This year the course of study was Old Testament. I was really unhappy when I found that out originally, but I'm really grateful for the chance I had to read and study it since I wouldn't have done it on my own. Mae, the girl I taught, is really amazing. She is a convert to the church as is most of her family. Her testimony is so sweet and pure and it has been a joy to be around her. She always had a good answer for everything and it was evident that she thinks about things. Its very hard to be a member out here when you are so isolated. She is the only member in her high school. I'm pretty sure I learned a lot more than she did. Although the calling intimidated me a lot initially, I'm so grateful for the time I got to spend with Mae and studying the OT.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that would be a really neat experience! Isn't it neat living on the east coast - so much missionary work goes on!

Brenna said...

Home study brings back fond memories:) What a great chance for you both to learn. I bet you were a great teacher.

Kari & Isaac said...

It's not at all awkward just teaching one girl- especially the OT- way to go! And I thought math was hard . . .

Teacher Mama said...

That sounds like a great experience. Sometimes I get to sub for seminaries around here. I love it.