Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Mile High City

We got back from Denver about a week ago. We were there for 5 days and had a good time. Casey was there for a Museum Professionals conference and I tagged along. Casey's mom and dad and Addie, his little sister, came for a few days as well.

Here are some of the highlights of the trip:

We went to the Denver zoo which was fun. It's a nice zoo and we had a good time as the weather was very nice.

We toured the Mint and a candy factory. Free samples from both were appreciated. (we only got a penny from the mint, but we did get free candy)

I went to the botanical gardens after the Sullivans left. It was really beautiful and relaxing.

Casey and I went to Boulder on Thursday after he was finished. We went to the Celestial Seasonings factory which was very interesting. We wanted to explore some of the nature, but it SNOWED so we couldn't.

The weather was very nice on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. On Wednesday I think it was almost 80 degrees and when we woke up on Thursday, it was snowing! There was about 2 inches and the roads were a little scary. Luckily it cleared up by the time our flight left that night. We took a red eye home, which is always an interesting experience. We made it home and immediately fell asleep for a few hours before we had thing to do.

It was a fun trip and it was good to see family and experience a city I'd never been to.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun you guys. I used to live in Colorado and really enjoyed it.