I think we have all the bills from Claire's birth. Here is the breakdown:
Doctor's Fees: $3,600.00
Hospital Stay: $6,866.40
Anesthesiologist: $2,090.00
Total: $12,556.40
What we have to pay: $0.00
We are so blessed to have such good insurance through UMass. We haven't paid one penny for the doctors for me or Claire. Now if only they covered diapers....
Just out of curiosity, if you want to share, how much did you have to pay for your babies? I'm sure the next one won't be free, so I'm wondering how much we can expect to pay out of pocket.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Baby Bills
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
At BYU, we had our first. They told us to plan on 2-3K, but it was almost 5k becuase of complications. We had to pay 20% after the deductible.
Our second, we had better insurance that covered 100% after the deductible of $800 per year. Granted I had in him Jan, so I had to pay the 2007 and 2008 deductible, making it 1600, but not bad compared to BYU insurance when we were both students and poor despite 4 jobs between the 2 of us.
Now my husband is with another company where we pay nothing for out health insurance, nothing out of pocket, no deductions or premiums, so #3 will be FREE!!! (well there is a 4,400 deductible, but they reemburse that to us, so I don't count it)
It all depends on your insurance. something to consider with the job decision.
Your insurance plan really makes or breaks you (literally). With Hailey we only had to pay 10% so she was about $1,000, but Preston was 20% so he was about $2,000. THat doesn't count the bilirubin tests/take home beds that we had to do with both of them. But it really made a difference which insurance we had. Although with Hailey it was so stressful to get them to cover her. We added her within the time period we were supposed to, then they took her off and added her and took her off then we had to add her again. Meanwhile all these bills are coming in saying that she is not covered! I loved the incurance we had with Preston, we paid more but it was organized and worked beautifully without spending hours on the phone. I am just so happy for you to have paid NOTHING. that really is such a blessing. If you figure out how to get diapers cheaper/free, you let me know!
We paid $75 dollars for the delivery and $700 for the $40,000 NICU stay. Not too bad.
I think our final bill was $525, plus a couple of $35 co-pays. It's always amazing to me how much the bills are before insurance!
we paid $2000 out of pocket
Post a Comment