Wednesday, September 5, 2007

School Starts

I found a new high and am now addicted. On Friday we attended the 3 County Fair in Northampton. It was a typical county fair and we saw all the 4H animals and other crafty projects and jams and stuff that peoples won the Blue Ribbons for. Even met a guy with a pig down and the livestock pavilion that said he was gunna win him the Blue Ribbon :)

But seriously, we saw pig racing which was quite amusing to me. The highlight was, however, the DEMOLITION DERBY!!! This is my new addiction, it was so cool (if you couldn't tell it was my first). There were four heats ranging from 8 to 15 cars. The initial collisions were the best as some cars drove to the end then accelerated rapidly to smash into the others, in reverse (got to protect the engine). Pieces of car and bumpers were flying every which way, and by the end only one or two cars could even turn the tires. It was a blast. If you have not been to such an event, I highly recommend it, especially if you can sit with people with family participating

School began yesterday (Tuesday) but classes have not. I spent the last two days in orientation and team building activities with my classmates, and the real work begins in the morning, wahooo. If you don't here from me for the next few weeks it will be because I am drowning. Our first two semesters in the program are divided into terms, and they push you fast and furiously. It will surely be me doggy paddling my way around just trying to keep my head above the water for a while until I can get a hold of something.

We have done some other fun things this past week, but I choose not to comment on them at this time. That is a task that I will leave to the wonderful wife of mine. I hope all is well for you my friends and family.

1 comments:

Brenna said...

Good luck with school. Roy started Tuesday and life is crazy busy again:)