I am not going to post much in way of commentary of our trip but will let the pictures do the talking. We had a wonderful time while we were there. It was very relaxing and beautiful, we can see why so many people vacation there in the summer. Friday was a perfect day while Saturday it rained and we got soaked running around trying to find some lighthouses.
This is from Friday, as we drove along the coast. We stopped in Kennebuckport, Maine to see the ocean and the thousands of oceanside vacation homes. It was very pretty and the ocean was beautiful, but a little chilly.
This is the moon as we went on our ferry boat ride on Friday evening, also Suzy on the ferry with Portland in the background.
This is the first lighthouse that we went to see. It was raining heavily and visibility was low, but we had a great time.
This is Casey huddling in Suzy's rain jacket trying to keep the video camera dry while we search the horizon for the lighthouses we were supposed to be able to see.
This is the Portland Headlight, the most photographed lighthouse in the country, it was commissioned by George Washington. Off in the distance on the left you can see another lighthouse in the background, it is just sitting out in the middle of the ocean.
This is an example of a New England fall. I saw this view as we were driving home and had to stop and take a picture.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Our Weekend in Maine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hey! I found your blog through Jill's. What an adventure you are having. I loved reading about your drive through all the church sites! Maine looks beautiful. What a fun trip!
Even though it says Ken - its really not. Thanks for posting these great pictures. It looks like a very fun trip. I'm glad you had a chance to see the beach - even if it was a bit too chilly for a swim. - Mom
Fall out here on the east coast is certainly a beautiful time of the year! Cory & I have plans to tour the coast of Maine next August, and now after looking at your pictures, I am even more excited. Thanks for sharing. We also have plans to visit Boston next August, so we'll have to stop by to say hi!
We loved the pictures. Maine is gorgeous! Roy loved the lighthouses and the beautiful fall colors; I loved the ocean picture. We are jealous that you got to visit such a beautiful place!
Wow!! We will have to add Maine to our list of places to go someday! It looks awesome! I love seeing pictures of you guys and keeping up through your blog :) How's the job hunt going?
Those are some awesome sites! Suzy, your hair is getting so long...I love it (and I'm jealous:)
Post a Comment