Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy name day to me!

My name day was actually on Monday, but my parents have been visiting, so I was too busy to post about it then. For any of you who aren't familiar with Czech (and probably a lot of other Eastern European countries) customs, they have a male and female name for each day. These 365 names are the only approved names, so peoples names seem to repeat a lot. Depending on your family traditions, it can be a big day over there, almost on par with your birthday. My name (Zuzana in Czech) day is August 11th.


This is also a significant Czech day for me as it is the day I went into the MTC. Its hard to believe it was four years ago now, but a lot has changed since then. I miss the Czech Republic and its customs and people. Hopefully Casey and I will be able to visit sometime not too far away.


The picture of Prague is just for ambiance.

3 comments:

Cathryn said...

I guess we should have had a big NAME DAY celebration while we were there!! Sorry, I didn't realize the full and great significance of it all! You have certainly done a lot in the past 4 years!! And there are still so many exciting things in the near future for you!! Enjoy!!

Karey said...

I can't believe it's been four years since that first day in the MTC! What a crazy, wonderful, scary time it was :) Remember all those walks around the MTC, all of Heckmann's candy, and all the crazy moments with Ruda? It's fun to think back! I'm glad we were there together!

Kari & Isaac said...

Talk about exciting- your name has a day. Mine's not even spelled right! PS if you think your mission was a long time ago- it's our five year Paris anniversary- FIVE YEARS! We're getting old- but I guess that's why you're having a baby.