Monday, August 4, 2008

Three Down, Six to Go

That's right, we're having a baby! Its been hard to keep it a secret, but I went to the doctor today for my 13 week checkup, and the baby is doing great. We're excited to finally have all of our family and friends in on the good news.

Its been a hard couple of months. I've been pretty sick and have had a hard time eating and keeping what I'm eating down. I think its starting to calm down a little, but I'm still not very interested in food or eating. At the doctor today they said I lost 9 pounds since my last appointment, so I'm trying to be better. Its the best diet I never wanted to be on.

The baby is due on February 8th. Casey has the whole month of January off, and will just be starting school when the baby comes. At least its his last semester and will hopefully be the least busy of all 4. We're really excited and a little nervous, but we can't wait to welcome our new addition.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you two! You'll love having kids. They're so much fun.

April said...

Suzy! I am so excited for you!
I'm so sorry to hear how sick you've been. I too thought I'd never have the desire to eat again but by 14 weeks my 24/7 sickness had gone away.

The timing for Casey is too bad. The first 6 weeks are a blur but it's good it's his final semester. He's on his way out the door and A's become less important.

By the way, I'm really not ignoring your emails/postings. I just haven't had a minute yet. I'll be in touch soon!

April

Brenna said...

Wooohoooooooo! That is such great news! We are so excited for you. You're going to look so cute with a baby belly Suzy:) And even though Casey will be going back to school, it will all work out just fine and then he will be DONE. Those first few months seem to go so fast.

Emilie said...

YES! YES! YES! Now I am snickering at your last email...asking me about my pregnancy and such...all along you were prego! It is hard to keep it a secret, you did a very good job. We are totally stoked for you two! Baby Sullivan will be a cutie!

Sarah said...

Oh YEA! What awesome news! Sorry you haven't been feeling well ... I hope it goes away (I hear it does, but what do I know? :) Congratulations!!!!!

Kristi Sue Fulton said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting for you guys. And you are getting past the hardest part. After I stopped getting so sick, it started to feel fun and exciting to have a baby. We are so happy for you guys!!

Natalie said...

Clint is right, having kids is a BLAST! And lots of work, but you forget about the work pretty fast when they cuddle up to you at night. :)
I was actually wondering, Casey, if you might do me a favor? (BTW, this is Natalie, Clint's wife!) Clint is finally graduating and we are putting together a little book for him of letters from family and friends congratulating him, offering advice, memories, whatever you want! I was wondering if you might be able to write a little something and email it to me at nattiemarie@gmail.com. I know that he would love to hear from his friends from the Y! Thank Casey, and CONGRATULATIONS!

Teacher Mama said...

Horray! I'm so sorry you haven't been feeling well. I have much preferred motherhood to pregnancy. I'm glad Casey is almost finished with his schooling. Congratulations.

Warrior Princesa said...

Yeah!!!! You should have your baby on the 7th. that's my 30th bday and it would be fantastic!! hehe. I'm so happy for the both of you!!! hooray!!!