Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We're back

We made it back to Massachusetts safe and sound. We'll post later about our trip to Savannah and Charleston. We got our stuff moved into our new place, but it is an absolute wreck right now with boxes everywhere. We found mold growing on half our stuff when we got to our storage unit so I spend a few hours yesterday with a bucket of bleach trying to kill it all. Who knew mold loved particle board so much. I don't even think there was any standing water, it was just all the heat and humidity they had here this summer. I think the cleaning was pretty successful, but if we die of mold poisoning, you'll know what happened.


We have had to deal with serious dog odor, getting locked out once already, trying to cook dinner for the Elders who helped us move our stuff (note to self, one day is not enough time to get things put enough away to cook real food), and of course the mold and just the ordinary moving hassles. We're glad to be back and can't wait to be all settled in our new place. We'll post picture when we get a chance.

3 comments:

lex said...

And I know one sunday school teacher who is glad you are back!

Sarah said...

Good luck! We missed you in Boston, but had a fabulous time! Let me know if you come up with more concrete plans for coming to see us this fall.

April said...

I can't believe you had to do all that stuff when you have been sick with pregnancy. The dog smell alone would have killed me!