Saturday, February 21, 2009

Catching Sleep Whenever Possible

This past week has gone by in a blur. I sat back for a second yesterday to catch my breath and realized, February is nearly over! Suzy and I are doing about as can be expected for new parents. At school people are always telling me I look exhausted, and I got a phone call yesterday evening and the caller thought he woke me up, even though he didn't.

Claire has been busy being a normal newborn, sleeping when we want her to be awake, and being awake when we want her to be sleeping. Last night was actually her best night yet, she fell asleep before 1 a.m. and then only woke up twice to eat, and each time fell right back asleep. Wonderful!

Two nights ago, Claire and I enjoyed the first of many Jazz games together as we stayed up together into the wee hours of the morning watching the Jazz beat the mighty Celtics. Some sad news last night . . . Larry H. Miller passed away. He is as much a part of my Jazz as Stockton, Malone, and Sloan were/are. I feel the same void now as I did when I watched the first Jazz game without Stockton and Malone. He will definitely be missed; he was a great owner and a great philanthropist to the entire state of Utah.

Included below are some new pictures of Claire. She is always pulling the strangest faces and doing the funniest things with her arms and legs that it sends us racing for the camera only to barely miss the shot. Anyway, enjoy the pics!

This one is one of my favorites.

We finally caught one of her sleeping stretches on camera! She will be sleeping soundly then suddenly her arms will shoot straight up, jiggle for a second, then slowly fall back down to her side.

Suzy with a sleeping Claire. Suzy looks so amazing. No one can believe that she just gave birth 2 weeks ago.

Claire enjoys looking around to see what is happening. Often as we are holding her she stares up at the lights.

6 comments:

Karey said...

Claire is gorgeous!! I love love love that picture of her resting on Casey's shoulder. So beautiful!

lex said...

I too like the first picture alot. Although the stretching while sleeping picture might just be her dreaming about another Jazz win... oh wait, those aren't happening TOO often, maybe she's a Celtics fan!?!?!?

April said...

I love the arms shooting up picture. Babies are so cute and funny.

I hope you get to sleep soon or at least adjust to your new schedule. Babies change things forever - Elisabeth consistently gets up at 6:30 AM. At least she's in bed by 7:30 or 8 and sleeps through the night. :)

Mama's Makin's said...

Such fun pictures! :) Hey, I don't know if you have ever tried Nursing in bed, but it was the best thing I ever did! :) And we only have a queen bed too! :) Anyways, there is a technique so that you don't roll over on your bundle... but it is great! :)

So i would love you to email me you address! :) I might have a little some something for your little one! :)

Emily Hamilton said...

She is so beautiful!!! I love her eyes.
I hope you get more sleep. The first few months are rough with the sleep factor.
Suzie, you look great! I would never think you just had a baby.

Rachael Zilboorg said...

Suzy looks fantastic! And Claire, well, I want one!