I am happy and relieved to announce that I have found a job! I will be working for my Aunt and Uncle's business in Newnan, Georgia. In case you are wondering, "Where is Newnan, Georgia?" here is a map to help you out.
I will be working as a Marketing Coordinator for them. I am very excited about the job and the chance to move somewhere warmer (no more New England winters!!!). I would try to explain the nature of their business but it is pretty complicated, the bare bones explanation is, they work with banks and financial lending. I am sure that in 5 or 6 weeks I will be able to explain it much, much better.
I have a ton of family in the area, many of which work at the same company, so it will be nice to live near all of them. Newnan is also a very nice area. Suzy and I were looking at information and were comparing Amherst to Newnan. We found that the cost of living here is something like 20% above the national average, while the cost of living in Newnan is 14% below the national average. So we will see a 34% reduction in our cost of living expenses!!! We also figured out that in the 2 years and 9 months that we have been married we will have lived in 4 states (Utah, Massachusetts, Florida, and now Georgia) and lived in 5 different houses (2 in Massachusetts)! We are hoping that once we get to Georgia we can stay put for a while, we are really tired of moving.
I am excited to return to the South, I love the culture and the food there. And we are excited not to be poor college students any more too. This job is a wonderful opportunity for me and I am excited to graduate in 20 days and get down there to start. Although, it is kinda strange to think that Claire will learn to talk with a Southern accent.
Stay tuned for more updates.
12 comments:
Oh yea!! We are so happy for you! We also just found out that Dave got an internship!
Congratulations you guys! That sounds like a great opportunity.
Congrats Suzy and Casey! I am thrilled that this worked out for you guys. Hooray for income! And Georgia isn't too far away from Texas. We'll have to meet up in Louisiana for a crawfish boil. Just kidding...but take comfort in the fact that not all "southerners" have accents. But they do say "ya'll" and "fixing to." We aer thrilled.
We are super happy for you guys! What a relief:) We have plans to visit Roy's SC mission someday so maybe when that time comes we can take some extra time to visit you. So does this mean you won't be coming back to Utah later this month??
1,706 miles! Congrats! Now we have an excuse to go to Georgia.
Yea!! Congrats!!! Sounds like a great opportunity. And yeah, I'm jealous that you don't have to endure any more New England winters.
That is so great! What a relief!
I have always wanted to go to Georgia so it looks like you'll have some visitors in the next couple years (you can visit us too, if you want :))
Congrats!
Congrats!! It's good to know there are still jobs out there for us recent grads :) Good luck with the move! Can't wait to hear about the adventures "all y'all" have in Georgia!
i'm so jealous...my home town!
We were super lucky to find the stroller on ebay for less than $100. So far I think it is pretty amazing. Really light and easy to fold and unfold. Plus we can use it later with a car seat. I would recommend it over getting a regular graco (that's what our last one was).
Hip hip hooray...I am sooo happy for you casey and suzy!
Hip hip hooray...I am sooo happy for you casey and suzy!
Post a Comment