Saturday, May 30, 2009

Moving to Georgia

I just want to go on the record that I HATE MOVING. It really is no fun. I should know, I have done a lot of it in my life. Georgia is now the eighth state I have lived in in my nearly 28 years. I won't even go into how many cities and houses that includes.

The really sad thing is that Suzy and I have been married for 2 years and 9 months, in which time we have lived in 4 states, and moved 5 times, and in the next year will probably move one or two more times!!!

One nice thing about this move to Georgia though is that I did not have to drive a huge moving truck 1,100 miles south. We chose to use uPack relocubes. They drop off these shipping containers at your place for 3 days, you pack it up, they come pick them up, move them, and drop them off at your new location. It is wonderful. Here are some pictures of the packing process and the full relocubes.

The first cube that we packed was really well done. Unfortunately, it was so well done because we didn't use any of the difficult and odd shaped stuff. So the second one was much harder to pack nicely. Luckily we had our two missionaries to help me move the heavy stuff and Suzy's mom and dad to help the next day. We hope that once we get settled here in Georgia that we will stay put for a long time, because moving is just not very fun.

0 comments: