Wednesday, July 22, 2009

4th of July a little late

I know its a little late, but in my defense, I tried this once already and the pictures wouldn't load. I couldn't get all of them to load today either, but at least I got a few. I think blogger is mad at me. It doesn't help that our internet is super slow. Hopefully we will be getting faster internet this week which will help make life a lot more efficient. Also, we have been sick for the last two weeks. Claire started it with a cold and then got pink eye. It then passed to me and I got a bad cold or something with a fever and then an ear infection which hasn't budged with two kinds of antibiotics. Casey then started in on the fun and also got an ear infection which he is still battling as well as a really bad cough. Hopefully we are on the uphill now and can finally start feeling better.



On to the topic at hand. We had a great Fourth of July including a hike at Sweetwater Creek State Park. It has some nice hiking trails which go by the ruins of an old mill which, if I remember correctly, was the biggest fabric mill in Atlanta at the time of the Civil war, but was burned during the war.




It was on the beautiful river and it was a perfect day to be out, as long as we stayed in the shade. We went the river way on the way out, and on the way back we went the forest trail where we saw two deer very close up as well as a snake and lots of squirrels and chipmunks. It was a lot of fun.




We spent the night at Casey's Aunt and Uncle's where they had a wedding/pool party. Kind of a weird combination, I know, but it was a lot of fun. They had great food, good people, swimming and fireworks. It was a great way to spend the day.




1 comments:

Cathryn said...

Two new posts on the same day. I almost missed this one. I love Claire's little 4th of July outfit!
Hope you are all feeling better soon.