Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bird Thieves

Yesterday we went to the beach after Casey got off work. I brought us some sandwiches and chips since it was dinner time. We ate and then we were swimming and enjoying the beautiful water. All the sudden we noticed that our towels were COVERED with seagulls. We ran up to see what they were after, and they had attacked our bag of chips. It was rolled up and secured with a clip, but the went at it and ripped through the bag. There were chip pieces all over the towel, so we had to clean it all and throw the chips away and scatter the birds about 3 times before they finally left us alone. Next time we will hide all food a lot better. I had no idea they would be so aggressive.


As a side note, the seagulls here are different than the seagulls I'm used to in California. I pulled this picture off the internet.





1 comments:

Cathryn said...

You should know by now those seagulls can't be trusted, whether they are in California or in Florida. It's just a good thing you didn't have any chicken! : )