Monday, July 28, 2008

Our House

Well, its not really "our" house, but we live here for now. We were able to get a great deal on a furnished rental here in Sarasota, so I thought I would share some pictures so you could see it too. Because the peak season in Florida is the winter, and it is a prime location for vacationers and snowbirds, there are lots of furnished rentals in general, and even more (for even lower prices) in the summer. After living in an area where rents are very high, and renters have almost no power to negotiate rental terms, we are so happy to be here where we feel we are getting a great deal for the money.



Our living room.
Our spectacular master bathroom. If you have seen our one bathroom in Massachusetts, you would realize what a huge upgrade this is.

The master bedroom with a king size bed. We decided we're big fans of big beds.

The beautiful kitchen. I will miss this so much when we leave.

The outside. We actually have a garage!

We'll be sad to leave this place in a few weeks. Our new place in MA is a little nicer than our old apartment up there. We will have a one-car detached garage. This will be very important in the winter. Its a little bigger than our old apartment, but is still two bedroom one bath. Its a condo in a nice woodsy area. The big plus to the new apartment is that we were able to get a nine month lease because the professor we are renting it from is going on sabbatical for the school year. Only nine more months in MA and then who knows where we will be!

7 comments:

John and Laura said...

Wow! Beautiful place. I have loved reading about your adventures. Have fun in Florida!

Cathryn said...

It looks so nice. Can't wait to come and see it in person soon!

Kristi Sue Fulton said...

Such a cute little place. And wow, has time gone that fast? I remember when you just moved out there. Now you only have 9 months until he is done. That is so exciting though!!!

Emilie said...

Wow...that is an AWESOME house! I'd be sad to leave as well. I love the "light at the end of the tunnel" stage that we are in. Hey, maybe we could end up in the same state??

Sarah said...

Ooooh that looks soooo nice!

Teacher Mama said...

That looks like a beautiful place. I like big beds too.

Ashley said...

I'm jealous of that bathroom