Sunday, July 20, 2008

Dolphins!

This weekend Suzy and I went down to Captiva Island and went on a dolphin cruise. It was really fun, who doesn't love dolphins?! They are very playful and curious animals, and apparently the more noise the people on the boat make the more the dolphins jump and play around. Here is the video that Suzy shot...




While down in that area we also went to the Thomas Edison & Henry Ford Winter Estates, here are more pictures of the rest of the day.



I love Florida sunsets, Suzy and I took a walk the other night and this is the sunset that we enjoyed.

The Edison Home, Suzy listening to the audio tour.

Their nice porch that goes all the way around the house.

Sitting on a bench in the shade listening to the audio tour while looking out over the river.

A huge mansion under construction on Captiva Island.

Suzy in front of the Henry Ford house.

Dolphins!!!

more...

A baby dolphin and the mom...

It was hard to get a nice picture with 80 other people leaning over the edge of the boat getting their hands in the way.



3 comments:

Michelle said...

That looks so fun. Dave and I really enjoyed watching your video of the dolphins, way to take advantage of your location!

Sarah said...

That looks like sooo much fun! I love dolphins! And those sunset pics are gorgeous!

Kristi Sue Fulton said...

It looks so darn beautiful. And how cool is that to see dolphins. Look at you guys, you are covering the USA while we are stuck back here in Utah:) It looks like fun!