Tuesday, October 14, 2008

General Conference

First I will start with an updated picture of Suzy. This one is Suzy at 23 weeks.

Between General Conference sessions on Saturday afternoon we ventured down a trail near our home, aptly named KC Trail. We walked through the woods, which were very pretty. Parts of the path were quite swampy so the trail had been raised on these wood platforms, some of which were pretty wobbly. This is my favorite picture from that day.

The trail led us across the train tracks near our house.


Me at the KC Trail sign...

After dropping Suzy off at work one day, I was killing time until an appointment I had and was driving around out in the sticks, when I came across this cool bridge. I thought it was a good picture so I decided to post it too.

This past weekend was perfect. The weather was bright sunny and relatively warm (mid 70s) and to top that off it was the official peak time for the fall foliage. Inspired by Elder Perry's talk at General Conference (Saturday Morning for those of you who missed it, read or listen to it here) we decided to go to Walden Pond and walk around Thoreau's old stomping grounds. It is certainly a nice peaceful place (when all the people aren't around, it was packed), but it was a beautiful location, especially with the leaves turning. These picks are us at Walden Pond.


Site of Thoreau's small cabin.

Tradition has it that fans of Thoreau add their own rock to this pile when they visit the site (next to his cabin). This is me tossing my small pebble onto the pile (this one was for Ms. Pera).

Sunday after Church, Suzy and I decided to take a nice Sunday drive through the woods to see more fantastic tree colors. We stopped along the Deerfield River for these.


I have other pictures of the fall here in Western Mass on Flickr, click here to see them.

6 comments:

Big Momo said...

Whoa! That first picture...whoa! Enough said.

Sarah said...

Hey, we went to Walden Pond when we were in Boston in August - it's gorgeous there, and even prettier with the fall colors! You guys got some great pics! And Suzy, you're so cute pregnant!

Warrior Princesa said...

seriously so jealous that you are near walden pond. i want to go there so bad!!!

Melissa said...

Beautiful pics! I just love fall here.

Ashley said...

I'm so jealous! I miss the reds & oranges. Glad you're enjoying it for us.

Anonymous said...

Nice pics! We don't see scenery like that here in AZ. :(