So last week was a really busy week for me and I got very little sleep between Sunday night and Wednesday morning. I had a ton of school work to do and some big assignments due. So finally Wednesday night I was done with my classes for the week, and I felt so relieved. I finished class and began walking the few blocks south of campus to the Church where Suzy was at Institute to ride home with her. On the way I talked to my little sister on the phone. I got to the Church, stuck my cell phone in my jacket pocket and went in. We stayed there eating and socializing for a while before we left for home.
Thursday morning I got up and began doing some of the work that I needed to get done. I needed to use my phone so I looked for it in my pocket where I thought I had left it. But alas, it wasn't there. Dang! I thought to myself, I must have left it in the car, I guess I have to wait till Suzy gets home. So when Suzy got home I checked the car and . . . no cell phone. Now I was starting to freak out. Where was it. I usually don't lose things like this. We got Suzy's phone out and started calling my phone, hoping we could here it ring or vibrate or something . . . nothing!
We called someone from Church and asked them if they could let me into the Church building. They graciously and kindly agreed to meet me there. we searched carefully the rooms that I had been in . . . still nothing!
By this time I had pretty much given up hope. We decided to activate a spare phone that we had, but had never used. I called Sprint to activate it and they could not figure it out. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with them as the technical support guy made me do the same thing over and over and over, and it never worked, but he did not know what else to do. Then mercifully the signal got dropped. I called Sprint back a few hours later to try again, hoping that another tech support guy would know what to do. Boy was I wrong. I explained my problem and told him what I had done with the other rep and he made me do the same thing, for another 30 minutes. Then mercifully again the signal was dropped.
Friday I woke with optimism that maybe today I would get someone competent that would be able to fix the phone. Wrong again. Fortunately this time though the person did not make me do the same things over and over again. They had me do that same thing once then told me there was nothing they could do to help and that I had to go to a Sprint store. This time I only lost 15 minutes, so I was happy about that.
Saturday we went to the Sprint store at the mall and they were able to correct the problem. So now I have a working phone again, which is nice, but I miss my old phone. I was so familiar with it and this new one is complicated and not as easy to use as the old one was. Hopefully I will still be able to find my old phone so that I can at least retrieve all my phone numbers and other information that I had stored in it. I am just glad that we had a nice spare phone laying around and that we did not need to fork out a ton of money to buy a new, unsubsidized phone.
1 comments:
I dropped my phone (on the pavement) last week and had to use an old phone I have as well (Verizon lets you activate online - does Sprint not do that?). It's annoying because the phone numbers I had didn't transfer, so now I don't have any of the numbers I need. So I know how you're feeling. I sure hope you find your phone!!! :)
Post a Comment