Thursday, January 1, 2009

My latest project

I have been wanting to make a quilt for the baby for a while now, and for Christmas I got some new quilting tools and supplies for the quilt. Casey helped me pick out the fabrics. He was satisfied with the frog print we ended up getting, but was really pushing for the monkeys. They were cute too, but didn't really match anything else.

I'm a novice quilter. I am still working on a big quilt I started back when we were in Payson. I underestimated the amount of time it would take to hand quilt the whole thing together. I learned from that and I knew this time I wanted to make something much smaller that could be machine quilted. I finished it in one week, which is a vast improvement on the two years and counting I've been working on my other one. I had to teach myself a lot, so it was kind of an experiment, but I think overall it turned out well.

Me and the quilt

A close up so you can better see the different fabrics.

I hope she likes it! Thanks for the advice you given so far on my last post. If any of you haven't written anything yet, I'm still waiting for your words of wisdom. Thanks!

8 comments:

Cathryn said...

Great job on the quilt! It's nice to see a picture of the finished product. I'm sure the baby will love it.

Emily Hamilton said...

Impressive quilt! You look great Suzy! I'm so excited for you. Your little girl with love cuddling in your quilt.

Markie said...

Great work! She will love it.

Janelle said...

Good job, Ya, I have yet to find the time to write my thoughts. Lets get the kids back to school and I might be able to breathe. Keep reminding me.

Melissa said...

Cute! You did a great job - wanna teach me???? How about an enrichment activity? ;)

Recksieks said...

It looks great! Good job. That was a great idea!

Brenna said...

Oh Suzy, you are so modest about your sewing skills. Um, hello? You sewed together covers for your couches that looked amazing. You have some serious talent:)

Sarah said...

Sorry no advice, seeing as how I haven't done it myself. Good luck!

Impressive work on the quilt ... it's so cute!