Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Welcome to Georgia!

I arrived in Georgia about a week ago and when I stepped out of the plane, I was hit by a wall of humidity. I know its humid in Massachusetts as well, but I guess my two weeks in Arizona got me used to the dry again. 80 degrees here seems about as bad as 100 in Arizona.

Our new place is fantastic.  Its SO much bigger than our little apartment in MA.  Its 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath and has a great kitchen and master bath.  We feel so spoiled, although its definitely a change to walk up and down the stairs all the time.  Maybe it will help me to lose my baby weight.  :)  Claire finally has her own room and doesn't have to sleep in the living room anymore.

As a little "welcome to Georgia" present, I got pulled over driving Casey to work the second day I was here.  After double checking with Casey that I was going the speed limit, we learned our break light was out.  We got new bulbs to fix it, and then learned it wasn't the bulbs at all, something is wrong with the electrical, so we're still working on that one.  

<

Claire is doing great.  She is getting so big and is rolling over both ways and is squirming and moving all the time.  She is constantly looking around with her big blue eyes, trying to soak everything in.  

Casey and I have been wanting a garden, and since we have a little back porch now, we bought Tom, our new tomato plant.  He seems to be doing very well and is growing a lot already.  He has several flowers, and we're excited to have some fresh tomatoes in a few weeks (cross your fingers).

Also, for our birthdays and Casey's graduation we got a Wii from Casey's parents.  We are enjoying it immensely, especially cause we don't have tv here.  Tennis anyone?

We've mostly gotten things unpacked, although we're leaving quite a bit packed since we're planning to try to buy a house in the somewhat near future.  We're enjoying getting to know our new surroundings.

5 comments:

Cathryn said...

Your new place looks great! I'm glad you are enjoying all that extra space. Sorry to hear about you being pulled over. Don't they know they're supposed to be nice to newcomers in Georgia?

Michelle said...

Glad that things are going well, all except for you little welcome from the state patrol! Best of luck settling in!

Sarah said...

Your new place looks nice! I'm glad things are going well for you guys!

Diane said...

It was so fun to see you in AZ! I hope you come to visit family often. :) Your new place sounds great. I understand about the humidity, but I kinda miss it being out here. Say hi to Claire for me. So cute!

Recksieks said...

How exciting! I am glad the move is going good. Claire is getting so big...she is so cute! I cant believe she is already starting cereal, she is growing up so fast! Love the pics!